Friends of Lapham Peak
Events Hot Line
W329N846 Hwy. C
Delafield, WI 53018
Mission of Friends of Lapham Peak
Lapham Peak Friends is a nonprofit group dedicated to supporting and promoting the Southern
Kettle Moraine State Forest - Lapham Peak Unit in a variety of ways. Some of the activities
include sponsoring or promoting special projects, organizing volunteer work days and offering
additional services to park visitors.
LPF formed in 1989 as a nonprofit organization. The first project was to raise funds and enlist
volunteers dedicated to lighting the 2.5 mile ski trail. Here are a few other projects LPF has
supported or are currently supporting:
- Developed Disabled Accessible Trail
- Funded Trecker Lodge - fireplace, furniture, rubber flooring, trail lights down to the
shelter and windmill
- Built kiosks around the park
- Provided some grooming equipment
- Fundraising for snow making project
- Lapham Loppet – Jan.
- Candlelight Ski/Hikes- Jan./Feb.
- Weekly Nordic Ski Series - Jan.-Feb.
- Colorama – Oct.
- Annual general meeting – Nov.
- Member Outings:
- Work Days
- Adopt-A-Trail Clean-up on Glacial Drumlin Trail
- Bluebird Trail Monitoring
- Butterfly Garden Assistance
- Prairie Restoration
- Garlic Mustard Pulls
- Snow making Committee