VOLUNTEERS FOR HAUSMANN NATURE CENTER
The Hausmann Nature Center (HNC) will open Sat., June 6, through Sun., Nov 1., 2015
Hours 1:00-4:30 p.m. weekends only
Sign up on Google spread sheet (information given at Orientation), 2 people per day
Choose one of three 1.5 hours Orientation sessions for new people or refresher for experienced friends at the HNC
Wed., May 20 7:00 p.m.
Sat., May 23 2:00 p.m.
Sun., May 31 2:00 p.m.
If interested, please call Louise Borzynski 262-646-8583 or email email@example.com
We will have some new exhibits, and the popular Kids Korner will return with Naturalist Marlyn.
We need your help to keep this open all season!
- Adopt-A-Trail clean up on the Glacial Drumlin Trail from Wales Trailhead to Sax’s Restaurant
- Hausmann Nature Center volunteer on weekends June-first weekend of November
- Bake for events such as Lapham Loppet, Candlelight ski, or Colorama
- Donate food items
- Butterfly garden maintenance includes weed control
- Bluebird monitoring
- Candlelight Ski events in January and February
- Colorama Run/Walk is the first Saturday in October
- Nordic Ski Series are seven Wednesdays in January and February
- Lapham Loppet is usually the third Saturday in January
- Prairie Restoration includes removing invasive species and gathering & collecting seeds
- Snowmaking Committee
- Work Day /Trail clearing is held in spring and fall